Syrinx - Reification CD (album) cover

REIFICATION

Syrinx

petrica
5 stars

A staggering work. The way in which all the instruments are mixed is simply extraordinary. In every moment I have the feeling that something is going to happened because these musicians know how to keep your attention.

The sound is like trying to accomplish something and they don't know exactly how to go on but just keeping to square up to the situation.

I was completely impressed by the first song and I was wondering what will come next. Surprises almost everywhere on the next track also. Then I had no doubt and I said: these guys know what they are doing. Of course my intuition was right and I enjoyed every song.

It is hard to put somewhere in a certain genre this music because the sound is like taking small pieces from everything I listed to before in a way but on the other way like nothing I listened before. It is impossible to choose a highlight because every song is perfect. Even if is hard to predict the directions the prog music will have I would like to think that in the years to come the music will evolve in this direction.

On the other way this release may be hard to get in for somebody who's trying discover the progressive genre. The compositions have a certain kind of abstract approach which I find it very enjoyable.

Almost a perfect album.4.75 stars