Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34  CD (album) cover

VOYAGE 34

Porcupine Tree

obiter
5 stars What can you say about this?

The Pink Floyd riff is obvious. It's deliberate. I just wish Pink Floyd had managed to make something this good around that riff.

To me, this is what prog's about. OK, it doesn't fit into any convenient pigeonhole, and there are no lyrics, just samples. But it's out there. It's PT's Topographic Oceans you love it or hate it. I love Topographic Oceans and I love this.

If you like a concept. If you are prepared to chuck all that song stuff out the window for a short while then this is an essential album. If not, well this album is to be avoided.

obiter | 5/5 |