Crucis - Los Delirios Del Mariscal CD (album) cover

4 stars

Except the first song this is an instrumental album. The music is a perfect mix of technicality and melody. I don't know too many bands which combine in such a good manner their skills. This is a symphonic progressive album as should be. Every instrument is clearly distinguishable without really going in front of the other instruments. If on the first two songs the band shows what they are capable of on the last two songs (Pollo Frito and Abismo Terrenal) they simply unleashed themselves.

The best song from here is Abismo Terrenal which fully deserves 5 stars. It is a perfect combination of jazz-rock fusion/space rock/symphonic progressive with fast tempos and improvisations. Overall this album could be easily rated with 4.5 stars without making a mistake. Take this note as a mix of originality rated with 4 stars (and it looks like they were largely influenced by Finch or Camel) and the musicianship of the band for which they must be rated with 5 stars. However I cannot imagine somebody who likes symphonic progressive genre that would not appreciate this album because contains that kind of music which captures very fast your attention.

I have a strange feeling when I'm thinking about bands which released only 1 or 2 albums (like Crucis, Anglagard or Bacamarte). They are like good memories in life. Not so many but when you remember about them it always make you regret that those moments are gone. In progressive genre albums like this are like a jewel which really have a special meaning like those memories I was talking about.

petrica | 4/5 |