Magna Carta - Songs From Wasties Orchard CD (album) cover

SONGS FROM WASTIES ORCHARD

Magna Carta

Speesh
3 stars 3.5 stars.

One of the only things that irks me about this great website is that a fine album like this that would certainly merit 4/4.5 stars from me elsewhere, can only get a 3 from me here because of the lack of progressive influence. Outside my prog collection, this is one of my very valued albums. Every song on the album is a great laid-back folk-rock song. The entire album has a calming effect that no other album I've listened to can parallel. Unfortunately, this also happens to have likely the least prog influence out of any of the Magna Carta albums I've listened to. It is still present, but its barely there.

I'd recommend this to fans of light folk-rock, who don't mind if there's a lack of prog here and there. If you're going to get one Magna Carta album though, make it Seasons. It offers much more to the crowd here than this one does.

Speesh | 3/5 |