Yes - Yes CD (album) cover

4 stars I really like this album. Every member of the band played very good. In this album I can hear better than in "Time and a word" Peter Banks`s skills as a guitarist, as his guitars are better mixed in this album. Tony Kaye also shines, particularly in "Harold Land" with a very good organ and piano arrangement, and also in "Looking around". I don`t know why both Banks and Kaye are underrated sometimes. Bill Bruford shines in his drums, particularly in "Harold Land" and in his jazz drums for "I see you". Chris Squire with his "dynamic" bass, and Jon Anderson singing is more pop rock. I like all the songs from this album, particularly "Yesterday and today" (which has some influence from the 60s music from the Beatles), "Harold Land" (the best of all), "Looking Around", and "Survival". The vocals by Anderson, Squire and Banks are very good, and I think that Banks had a better voice than Howe for backing vocals, without diminishing Howe`s talent in Yes.
Guillermo | 4/5 |