Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

Prog-Folk Team
4 stars I have not replaced my vinyl, but after a recent listen I think I might. The side-long title track is better than I remembered it, a suite of several movements intertwined that actually works together and holds the interest. This is very dense music but with deep purpose, as Anderson attempts to convey in his lyricism. "And You and I" has always been a favourite and remains a superb symphonic ballad with many elements in its 10 glorious minutes. "Siberian Khatru" remains the problem for me, seemingly a holdover from the overly complex "Fragile" album, and the sort of prog piece that has not aged well. Hence the not-perfect rating. Still, it is my most highly recommended Yes album.
kenethlevine | 4/5 |