Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Journey CD (album) cover

Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars The 3rd and final outing of Arthur's, excellent early 70's outfit. Following yet another line up change, only 2 original members reamined. Brown (of course) and guitarist Andy Dalby. The band were now minus a drummer, so percussion effects were created courtesy of a Bentley Rhythm Machine. On the first listen, I found this approach a little hard to swallow. I kept thinking to myself - 'Imagine how much better this would be if they had a real drummer?' However as time went on, I got used to this sound. It all adds to the futuristic feel on the album. There is definately a jaunt into the space rock territory. The Hammond organ and piano that dominated the first 2 LP's were replaced by layers of synth and occasional mellotron, which gave an even doomier sound. The results are pretty unique and IMO, the music here is way ahead of it's time. Once again, like the other 2, a great album to obtain. This was the first one of Kingdom Come I bought, but if tempted, I would start with one of the others first. This one is not to be missed though.

kingdhansak | 4/5 |