Cherry Five - Cherry Five CD (album) cover

Cherry Five

Rock Progressivo Italiano

erik neuteboom
4 stars Strange, I added this band to Prog Archives and now I just noticed that my review has gone .. so here I am back again with this Italian Seventies Progrock gem! Cherry Five is a five pieve formation that included three musicians who later founded Goblin. The music on their eponymous album from '75 is very YES-oriented but the keyboards sound more virtuosic than bands like Druid, England or Mirthrandir. The album is a real treat for all progrock lovers: strong and fluent compositions, very melodic and flowing with many good ideas. The emphasis is on the keyboards like Hammond organ and vintage synthesizers but especially the 'Tronmaniacs' will be delighted! This is one of the gems of Italian progrock from the Seventies, a bit overlooked due to the attention for PFM, Le Orme, Banco and Goblin.
erik neuteboom | 4/5 |