Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

Steve Hackett

5 stars I have nothing very significant to add, but Voyage of the Acolyte is sort of like a poor man's Dark Side of the Moon, abstracted, diluted and abstracted again. That is to say, it is fantastic. The songs tie into each other and the album builds until the final song- a masterpiece. I find the album irritating in places like for instance Sally Oldfield's voice on Shadow of the Hierophant (not to say I wish it was not there) and the cough in A Tower Falls, but this keeps my attention on the music and leaves me wonderfully exposed when it comes crashing down out of nowhere. I can only describe the journey in Voyage Of The Acolyte as engrossing.
mcgoverntj | 5/5 |