Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

1 stars Poor old Modest Mussorgsky, look what happened to him. He wrote a charming suite for piano which was orchestrated by Ravel and then completely messed up by Messrs Emerson, Lake and Palmer, who played it as rudely as they could, infiltrated it with mindless solos and spoiled it with ghastly, self-important lyrics. I don't know how many times I've read on the Prog Archives forum that "taste is subjective", but this is an album which all sensible people will want to stay away from. Avoid like the plague. (Only "Nutrocker", the album's cute little encore, has some redeeming power, if you ask me...)
fuxi | 1/5 |