Mr. Bungle - California CD (album) cover

Mr. Bungle

4 stars I think I know why these guys broke up after 2000 and only three formal studio albums. They must have run out of any interesting musical styles known to humanity to incorporate into their music. Some tunes have a fairly consistent style throughout, but most put you on a bit of a roller coaster ride of musical style. Some styles are not even necessarily progressive except for the simple fact of the quality musicianship and just the audacity of the mixture. Just on the strength with which this one hooked me, I had to put in an order for the other two, sound unseen.
Slartibartfast | 4/5 |