Pat Metheny - Beyond the Missouri Sky (with Charlie Haden) CD (album) cover

Pat Metheny

3 stars 'Spiritual'

First review of this album

At this album, there are just some acoustic guitars (nylon and steel strings) and a double-bass. Sometimes, another instruments (a smooth keyboard and some percussions) appear. So, this album is very quiet, peaceful.

The repertory is a collection of ballads, and the arrangement has got influences from jazz and Spanish music (flamenco). I love the following tracks: 'Waltz for Ruth'; 'Our Spanish love song'; 'Spiritual'.

Pat Metheny is one of the greatest guitar players of jazz... these aren't news. Charlie Haden was a great surprise for me: I really like double-bass solos, I enjoy them a lot.

No much more to say. Three stars.

Marcos | 3/5 |