Angra - Temple Of Shadows CD (album) cover

Equality 7-2521
2 stars I don't know anything of Angra before this release, but by the time of Temple Of Shadow any prog Angra may have contained previously is AWOL. What's left? Straight Power metal with the typical power metal singer, fast drums, rarely heard bass, shredding guitars and not much else besides the occasional Spanish guitar motif.

Like I said the album is typical in about everyway. The singer you swear you've heard a hundred times before shrieking over the guitar tone you swear you've heard a thousand times before. By the time you reach the second half of the album you'll start to wonder if you hadn't heard the song you're listening to in the first half. There's little distinction between songs. Besides being pure Power Metal, the Power Metal fails to deliver anything special even for its genre. I heard a few songs I enjoyed, but if I want to listen to this I can find plenty of other bands who deliver the exact same thing more effectively or plenty other who give me power metal with something interesting.

Equality 7-2521 | 2/5 |