Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons  CD (album) cover

A CHANGE OF SEASONS

Dream Theater

Matt Dickens
4 stars I find the cover songs to be fairly enjoyable but non-essential. One thing that bothers me is the vocals as I have never been a fan of LaBrie's live performances.

The title track is possibly the Dream Theater song I am most impressed with. It contains not quite as much flashiness as some of their other stuff and at times it can even come off as .... (gasp).... passionate. Things song contains some of my favorite bass parts Myung has ever played, and the drums are great. The Guitar isnt as much in the forefront as we are used to with DT but that suits me just fine as I'm not the biggest fan of shredding type things.

You probably won't be disapointed by this release but it is in no way 'essential' in my opinion.

Matt Dickens | 4/5 |