Area - Crac ! CD (album) cover

CRAC !

Area

Rock Progressivo Italiano

StyLaZyn
5 stars Wow! I am not normally a fan of Italian Prog but this music really bit into me hard. And I am also a prude if the lyrics are not in my native English, I get turned off fast. However, I must thank a friend on another forum who has a weekly Prog Web Show (with corresponding chat). Goobs! You pulled a rabbit out of the hat here. This music is magic!

Now, I noticed the band is listed under Jazz Fusion but I am hearing more Prog than anything in overall writing. Sure the chops harken of jazz, and for that reason, the musicianship stands out. Upbeat, melodic, catchy. This music is fun to listen too. Mostly instrumental with keyboard leads, each song is not a casual jam session but forged ear candy.

The sample provide is just that. A small morsel of the talents of this band. I highly recommend Crac! It's like crack.

StyLaZyn | 5/5 |