Magnitude 9 - Decoding The Soul CD (album) cover

Magnitude 9

3 stars This is the first album of three that I hear after sometime from this american formation, but I think the expectation was too much (because, I had heard good comments about thier work). Well, I mean they're a good musicians but their style it's a factor that don't help them so much to start in the complex world of the prog-music, at least not this time.

The album has some good songs, in cases such as: "New Dimension, To Find A Reason & Dead In Their Tracks", but no more. As I said at the beginning they started in the wrong direction (if their real intention is to amaze some progressive music fans here and there), perphas if someday they make some changes in their compositions and try to experiment more, they could present more solid albums to the future.

Recommended to Melodic Metal fans only, for those who believes to itself being a real progressive music listener maybe wouldn't enjoy this work entirely.

By: Epsilon.