Triana - Triana (El Patio) CD (album) cover

TRIANA (EL PATIO)

Triana

Guilleguns
5 stars This is the best Spanish prog album!

I think this Cd used to be classified as Folk-prog. If not, It should be there and not in symphonic prog. I think this is the first and the best example of flamenco and rock mixture. The group Triana combines properly flamenco, rock and prog sounds in this CD. The Spanish guitar gives the flamenco sound, the electric guitar and the drums have the rock sounds and the keyboards give the prog sound. My favourite song is the first one "Abre la puerta niña" where singer Jesus de la Rosa plays a great vocal flamenco performance. Triana would influence a several number of Spanish groups that play the same kind of music like Medina Azahara, Guadalquivir, Alameda.

Triana are from my country, Spain. They are the most famous prog band here. In general Spanish music isn't as good as American or British but this CD from Triana has a really good level. So I'll give 5 stars to this amazing album which is highly recommended to know the fussion between flamenco and rock.

Guilleguns | 5/5 |