Riccardo Zappa - Ali e Radici CD (album) cover

ALI E RADICI

Riccardo Zappa

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Andrea Cortese
2 stars I was happy to have in my hands the latest studio album by Riccardo Zappa. I thought it would have been very interesting, due to the big prog revival in Italy of the recent years. Unfortunately I don't think "Ali e Radici" is part of his best work, even if there are many good examples of his skills and capabilities on acoustic guitar (just listen or watch to the video track of "Scioglidita").

The main problem, I think, is that Riccardo has refused the collaboration of other musicians reducing the role of other instruments at the minimum (drums, bass and keyboards). The final result is that all these excellent performances on guitar seem to look, a little bit, just some guitar's exercises. That's the weak point.

If you think this is not a problem, then you will like very much this item.

2,5