Leb I Sol - Leb i Sol 2 CD (album) cover

LEB I SOL 2

Leb I Sol

nisandzic
3 stars Leb i sol 2 is second album from these jazz-rockers, and technical skills are now even more powerfull, and they stil manage to put some emotions into it, especialy guitar, that is sometimes warm and emotive, but sometimes only techically fun. In Acupunktura, Stefanovski uses techic of shreding in way similair to later Petrucci. It sounds cool but, not much functional, nor adrenalin filled. Leb i Sol are playing what would Satriani play ten years after this record.

First great track here is Aber Dojde Donke, it has crescendo that grows for entire track and ends with a single drum hit! Guitar melody is nice, grown from Macedonian folk. Tempos are weird here, and piano is great, has some warm touches on listener. Stefanovski sings only in two songs here, and other songs repeat similair structure as as first three instrumental tracks. Dikijeva igra is my favourite tune in record, it has excellent, atmospheric keyboard intro, and even psychedelic music at the end with impressive percussion work. Ending track is good done accoustic, but too short and undeveloped song, with cool lyrics and good singing. I feel that lyrics are missing on album, and instrumental work is not enough impressive to me. Little bit more effects to Vlatko's guitar, and more psychedelic elements would make this one masterpiece of prog. But besides that, it is still worth to recommand.

nisandzic | 3/5 |