Greenslade - Greenslade CD (album) cover

Andrea Cortese
4 stars I've recently bought the first two albums by Greenslade and I have been pleased, with the first one, in particular. This is a very accessible prog, very listenable with many haunting, strong and suddend mellotron eruptions often enriched by a wonderful work on bass guitar. Really very good job, Tony Reeves!

A strong and convincing combination with keyboards even if the sound's quality of the cd I isn't of the best I've heard. I wonder if the rights' owners have planned to release a remastered serie. It would be great to re-light this delightful music.

The album isn't based on complex, adventurous and technical keyboards-based extended tracks. Notwithstanding the band reached a high level of quality with also excellent vocals and melodies. Some sparkling moments of jazz is the icing on the cake!

Andrea Cortese | 4/5 |