Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

IMAGES AND WORDS

Dream Theater

4.29 | 1969 ratings

SoundsofSeasons
5 stars My favorite of the Dream Theater albums. It just works for me i suppose, i never liked the really hardcore and grundgy stuff, so this lighter and happier Dream Theater is a nice change for me. I also think that every song in the album is great to absolutey mind blowing, like Metropolis Part I. Also I really like James LaBrie's voice in this one, that IS saying something considering he is ALWAYS the cause for at least one less star on Dream Theater albums. His voice is actually soothing in Images and Words and the notes sound pure and fully drawn out, so finally he's caught up with the level of skill of the rest of the band. Of course the funny thing is it was a long downward landslide from there, cause pretty much gotten worse with every album since with few exceptions.

So Images and Words. The landmark album for progressive metal, and rightfully so! Any prog metal fan MUST own this album. Besides them, any prog fan period should be able to find enjoyment from this album, even if you really don't like Dream Theater all that much.

A Masterpiece of Progressive Rock ... and more specifically progressive metal