Symphony X - Paradise Lost CD (album) cover

Symphony X

3 stars 5 stars for the music and 1 star for the vocals. I may not be objective here, as it is generally a strong release and instrumentally satisfies my completely, and probably will satisfy most of the progressive metal fans, but I just can't stand the vocalist. That's the problem I have with metal music, growling and disorted vocals are just not my cup of tea. If you don't mind, than you can find this album astonishing but for me it's only good, but not essential. And what a shame, because just for the instrumental parts I might love this album, but I just can't...

3 stars