Iron Maiden - Killers CD (album) cover

KILLERS

Iron Maiden

JD-Buckeye
4 stars This is a great album. It sounds much better than the debut. I know some people love the original, but I really have a hard time with the production and some of the tempos they used(which they play different live having realized their mistake). Killers is a classic and it took me awhile to get into it because I started with Bruce albums and went back and heard this one.

I love the production and Dianno has never sounded better than this. It's a snapshot in time that lives forever and while Iron Maiden would go on to do greater and bigger things, there's a magic about Killers that just can't be re-created. This album sounds like a live album and the closest album to this production wise is No Prayer and now, Matter of Life and Death.

There is some great classic material on here that is some of the best maiden has ever done including Muders in the Rue morgue, Genghis Khan, and Purgatory. A true Maiden classic in every way.

JD-Buckeye | 4/5 |