Yes - Big Generator CD (album) cover

BIG GENERATOR

Finnforest
1 stars Oh my...

Another title that should be quickly disposed of with little fanfare. There's no need to waste must site space with a long review. I can remember my friends and I standing around laughing as we watched the video for "Love Will Find a Way" simply amazed at how far the band had fallen in 10 years, heck, even since Drama. We savaged it back then and I don't see much reason to go easier on it now. Listen to it again and you'd have to ask yourself what they could have been thinking.

I don't hate pop music at all. Though I love prog I am entirely able to enjoy music that people consider empty calorie music or a guilty pleasure. But this album can't even manage that in my opinion. Perhaps I hold them to a higher standard which may not be entirely objective, nevertheless, "no quarter" for Mr. Rabin and his influence on the band that a decade prior released Awaken and Turn of the Century.

As much as I hate to award a one-star review I feel almost a solemn duty to save Yes newbies from potentially making the mistake of exposing themselves to this unfortunate release. My advice is to avoid this album unless you thought 90125 was a masterpiece.

Finnforest | 1/5 |