Barclay James  Harvest - Glasnost CD (album) cover

Barclay James Harvest

2 stars Several songs included on this live album comes from the best of BJH repertoire even though they don't belong to their earliest one (with some exception). Interesting to mention that you will NOT find "Mockingbird" on this live release...

We won't escape a few poor songs from their latest studio album of the time "Face To Face" of which "Turn The Key" is probably the worst of all together with "African". "He Said Love", as well as "Alone in the Night" were not great songs either. One of my favorite ones of this album "Kiev" is hopefully represented.

It will be one of the best songs featured here with "Berlin", "Hymn" and "Medicine Man" of course. But even if this version is good, it cannot compete with the one featured on their magnificent "Live 1974" : one of the best prog live record in my discography and the golden reference as far of BJH is concerned.

A special note as well for "Poor Man's Moody Blues" an older song as well. It is full of brilliance, emotion of course and splendour. But five great songs out of twelve aren't enough to make a great album I guess...Even if the event should have been spectacular (but I wasn't there to remind me this special moment in the music history).

Two stars.