kRé - Ruido Domestico CD (album) cover

RUIDO DOMESTICO

kRé

Mellotron Storm
4 stars KRE are an instrumental band from Venezuela who blend Psychedelic music with Jazz and pour a lot of atmosphere into it. Actually the songs that have a dark element to them are my favourites reminding me of ANEKDOTEN. This is complex stuff that takes a few listens to appreciate.

"Primera Cartada" is one of my favourites and the intro really got me excited the first time I heard it as it reminded me of the "Damnation" album by OPETH. Unfortunately it only lasts for a minute. We then get some sax melodies before some dissonant sounds 2 1/2 minutes come in. There is not a lot of melody at times during this song. "Doro" is a jazzy song that builds before 2 minutes to a climax, and the cymbals are prominant the rest of the way. "Tate Quieto" has a catchy melody of drums,cymbals,sax and bass. The electric piano takes a more prominant role later. "Onirica" is another favourite of mine. This one is a little darker with some terrific bass. There is a real ANEKDOTEN feel to this one.

"Ruido Domestico" is an experimental and spacey tune with some cello. "Ilvica" has a change of melody before 3 minutes that is beautiful. The guitar / drum soundscape is great ! "Sigiloso" is a jazzy tune led by drums and sax. "Champignon" features bass, drums and guitar that gets heavier 3 minutes in. Nice. "Ornamento" is another favourite of mine. The drums are excellent in this song. The sound is amazing 2 minutes in and afterwards. The guitar, drums and bass shine ! The tempo continues to change in this song from calm 5 minutes into an uptempo melody 8 minutes in.

For me this would have been so much better if the whole album was like the 3 songs I really liked. Still this is a challenging listen that is quite enjoyable. 4 stars.

Mellotron Storm | 4/5 |