King Crimson - Red CD (album) cover

King Crimson

4 stars A very listenable and good album for Crimson but I would have to say I prefer the Lake era...his vocals are just better. This is a very very good album to start rock and roll fans out on King Crimson because it has some fantastic riffs. Even some kids from my school loved it, which is a good can sense where Tool and The Mars Volta got their famed "King Crimson influence"

Red of course, is one of the most "Metal" after a series of Symphonic and Experimental works, and holds up very well. I would advise to fans of the band who do not have it yet, but for prog fans looking to get into this band...the debut works best. For fans who do not listen to much prog but want to try it this is a good place to start. 4 Stars for a very good album, but nothing quite essential or groundbreaking here.

endlessepic | 4/5 |