The Beatles - Revolver CD (album) cover

The Beatles

4 stars This is...if I may say, a rather good record. The one I am reviewing is the original mono pressing...just to keep in mind. I am currently reading Geoff Emericks book "Here There and Everywhere" and so I have read up a lot on the recording of this groundbreaking album. I would have to say, it merges the quirky catchy hooks of the Beatles early music and introduces a myriad of new techniques and ideas. My appreciation for this band has grown because of this album. I would recommend it to anyone. Not an essential for prog fans...but I don't mean that in a bad simply is just a really great thing that I think everyone should enjoy. I mean...come on, its The Beatles!
endlessepic | 4/5 |