Arrakeen - Mosa´que CD (album) cover

4 stars Full-length ARRAKEEN album is a more mature and balanced work. It borders Prog-Metal in many aspects (I’d say “early MARILLION-inspired mid-tempo NIGHTWISH”), but Neo-Prog influence is obvious too. Vocals are very strong, the quality is top- notch (much better than LA TULIPE NOIRE, related band, has on its records), harmonies and melodies are excellent, guitarist sound like a mix between Steve Rothery and Yngwie Malmsteen, but sometimes I feel lack of emotions here. Though French is not my all-time favourite for singing (excuse me, but I had to say that), I appreciate their decision to sing in a native language. If you wonder how would sound a child of NIGHTWISH and MARILLION, get this one immediately. Recommended!
Prog-jester | 4/5 |