UK - Danger Money  CD (album) cover

4 stars With departure of Bill Bruford and Alan Holdsworth things turned different. In songs like “Rendezvous 6.02” and “Nothing to Lose” one can notice future ASIA pop-hits; on the contrary, 12-min long closing “Carrying no Cross” maybe the best Prog epic from the second half of 70s!!! “Danger Money” wasn’t my favourite in the times when I heard it – I simply cannot believe there’s Rock without guitar! Fortunately, it has grown on me, and every track here have been my earworm from time to time. Honourable mention gets “Caesar’s Palace Blues” with stunning violin performance from mr. Jobson: extremely great!!! Terry Bozzio is also astonishing; UK were still a supergroup and it’s a shame they haven’t managed to survive longer. I can wholeheartedly recommend this album – you won’t regret a second spent on listening to it!
Prog-jester | 4/5 |