Acid Mothers Temple - IAO Chant From The Cosmic Inferno CD (album) cover

Acid Mothers Temple

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars If any band deserves the mantle of most uncompromising psychedelic band, I can't think of anyone that comes close to these guys. This is actually a cover of Gong's 'Master Builder' from their masterpiece 'You' album, done as a memorial to Pierre Moerlin recently passed away, the great Gong percussionist. This whole cd encompasses that one song given the overwhelming AMT treatment but actually going through a series of changes and developments making it one of the most compelling works this band has done. About mid-way through begins a plateau of sonic, trance-inducing complexity that is shere ecstacy, lasting for over ten minutes; and then following a return to the chorus/chant follows a spacey drifting eastern landscape with various interacting atmospheres topped with some amazing experimental guitar work which then resumes with the pulverizing sonic improvisation that turns the air into liquid and deconstructs reality as we know it. I was lucky enough to catch these guys performing and they closed the show with this set and I believe Kawabata Makoto truely made innanimate objects bleed with torture; one of the most devastating performances I have ever seen!
wooty | 5/5 |