The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (US Version) CD (album) cover

The Beatles

2 stars Ick! Why this band is trumped up during their "psychedelic era", I'll never know. They should've packed it in after their masterpiece "Revolver"...but then if they had, we wouldn't have "Abbey Road", now would we?. Oh...never mind. :-)

I guess this is a neat album, and you "had to be there!" when it came out. From the outside looking in(I'm 36 years old) as I write this, I recommen/suggest that The Move did this kind of schtick a whole lot better and the lyrics weren't dripping with cheese. Get it for Blue Jay Way" and "Stawberry Fields Forever"(although, I think the ultimate version of "Strawberry Fields Forever" belongs to the album by Pip Pyle titled "7 Year Itch"). "Magical Mystery Tour" is an overrated alleged "masterpiece" for the pedestrian rock fan. Sorry. :-(

Gooner | 2/5 |