Leb I Sol - Leb i Sol 2 CD (album) cover

LEB I SOL 2

Leb I Sol

Andrea Cortese
5 stars This time I've found a true masterwork! OK, I'm not an expert of the genre neither I do know the yugoslavian prog scene deeply. Nothwistanding ears, heart and mind suggest me this is one of the finest records I've ever listened to.

Leb i Sol their second release to date offers you a breathtaking crescendo of dynamic and eclectic (in the true sense of the word) jazz-rock numbers blended sometimes with spacey atmospheres a la PINK FLOYD or ELOY (as in "Aber Dojde Donke", 4:49 mns), some other times moulded with fresh and explosice guitar's riffs in the highest prog tradition (the opener "Akupunktura" is the most stunning example) and also tinged with warm and convincing electric and classic pianos, now played soft and romantic a la CAMEL with also some delicate synth' solo and gentle touches of acoustic guitar ("Uzvodno Od Tuge", 4:10 mns), now technical and intricate as in the second part of the superb "Marija" (6,30).

The album is mainly instrumental, with the exception of the great "Talasna Duzina" and the totally acoustic guitar played closer "Bonus".

The high rating is all entirely deserved. This album is memorable!

Andrea Cortese | 5/5 |