Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars Can you believe “Pull Me Under” was a huge MTV hit?..

Yes, it was! With “Images and Words” DT proved that they aren’t another one-shot wonder, they’re alive and doing well! Touching “Another Day” ballad was another top song, and amazing 9-min long epic “Metropolis” not only became an encore favourite till now but an introduction to another story…Band sounded extremely well, complex, but never too bombastic and over- technical, sometimes balancing on cheesy Neo sound ;). “Images and Words” as well as “Hybris” on the other side of Atlantic (but with a lesser success) proved that Progressive Rock hasn’t died yet – no place for flowers, let it live! I remember the first time I borrowed this one along with “Awake” and SFAM from my daddy’s friend 5 years ago. I’ve got used to them pretty quickly and wanted more of that kind. He-he, I didn’t know at that moment that I already had listened to DT’s best albums!!!

Best tracks: “Pull me Under”, “Take the Time”, “Metropolis”, “Wait for Sleep/Learning to Live”

Best moments: “Pull Me Under” coda, mid-part in “Metropolis”, final part of “Learning to Live”

Prog-jester | 5/5 |