Yezda Urfa - Sacred Baboon CD (album) cover

Yezda Urfa

2 stars Oh...silly me! I read the reviews and jumped at it. Musically, quite impressive. You're right to assume these guys "sound like" Yes and "sound like" Gentle Giant...and occasionally "sound like" National Health. My problem is that I keep reaching for Yes and Gentle Giant after the first few tracks. If this doesn't bother you...then you're looking at a 4 star rating for this CD. If this rubs you the wrong way (the "sound like" factor), than 2 stars it is. If you're curious, give it a try. The vocalist DOES remind me a little of Steve Walsh from Kansas trying to pull off a convincing Ray Shulman vocal(Gentle Giant). It fails miserably, IMHO. :-(
Gooner | 2/5 |