The Soft Machine - Bundles CD (album) cover

BUNDLES

The Soft Machine

Canterbury Scene

Slartibartfast
4 stars What do Soft Machine and Gong have in common? Both bands had two versions that were practically different bands musically speaking and Alan Holdsworth played in both of them!

It's a shame that Bundles is currently out of print. I have to rank this as my favorite Soft Machine album. Holdsworth seems to freshen up thing a bit musically. Hell, this is almost more of a Holdsworth album than a Soft Machine album and that's not a bad thing for me.

Holdworth steps out of the band for The Floating World,(I think) and we get a piece that is of a more ambient music nature than anything you'll hear by SM. It's one of my favorites. Turnoffyourmindrelaxandfloatdownsteam.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |