RPWL - World Through My Eyes  CD (album) cover

3 stars When listening to RPWL it is no surprise that they started out as a Pink Floyd cover band. Nice Floydian guitar play accompanied by psychedelic vocals. Speaking about the vocals, that's exactly one minor point of RPWL. Yogi Lang's vocals are pretty good, but unfortunately he does not know how to hide his German accent when singing. Therefore "Roses" is probably my favourite track of the album since Ray Wilson is singing it, without any German accent. ;-)

The title track of the album "World trough my Eyes" and "Bound to reach the End" are also very nice tracks. I'm wondering whether I should give this album a 3 or a 4 star rating. I think I should stick by 3 stars, since I personally think SYLVAN in Germany's best progressive rock band, NOT RPWL. Also Marco Glümann's vocals are much better than Yogi Lang's. So probably the average rating on PA of around 3,5 is pretty accurate.

evenless | 3/5 |