Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Dracula Opera Rock CD (album) cover

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars After almost 15 or 20 years of disillusion, PFM hypnotized me again with that kind of opera rock. I have to recognize that when the album were released I was really scary because I thought that it could be another step down into PFM discography but (thanks God!) I was wrong...

Dracula is a very enjoyable album. Starting from the amazing Overture, every song is a delicious piece of rock -not so prog for moments- but full of changes, amazing instrumental sections and great vocals. Darker than other PFM albums and sometimes closer to heavy metal, the tracks really takes you to a scary state for several minutes. Songs like Non un Incubo Realt and Il Mio Nome Dracula sounds great: catchy strings, Di Cioccio amazing on vocals, obscure athmospheres and the sensation to be listening a PFM album recordered at least 25 years ago!

Even when there are two or three songs too many "pop" IMO, the album works good, captiviting your ears until the grand finales marked by Un Destino di Rondine, maybe one of the best PFM songs of the laast years. In fact, after listening Stati di Immaginazione, now I think that Dracula was the perfect album to prepare the path to one of the best albums of their discography...

If you love opera rock, this album can fit perfectly into your discography... If you like PFM, you will love this album... Not so prog, but a great purchase into any rock discography...

progadicto | 4/5 |