Supersister - Spiral Staircase CD (album) cover

SPIRAL STAIRCASE

Supersister

Canterbury Scene

tmay102436
4 stars I can understand why others don't like this, but I find it quite enjoyable. Not something you're going to listen to everyday, but a nice reflection of the end times of the first incarnation of Super Sister.

No, it's not the mighty "To The Highest Bidder" - and yes it's a bit zanny, but it is still that Canterbury sound and this time mixed with a bit of the Gong/Zappa humour. Of which, I usually don't like humour much in music, but for some reason it works for me here.

Thanks to this kind of web site, dedicated to the real fans of progressive music, we can all have an opinion, and yet respect the others - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to Prog Archives!

tmay102436 | 4/5 |