Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn CD (album) cover

OMMADAWN

Mike Oldfield

tolo
5 stars I first listened to Tubular Bells about a year ago. I found it amazing and listened very often. And I thought that it was Mike's finest work, as one often says. But then... about a month a I bought Ommadawn. Just wanted to give it a try, I knew that it was considered as a good album, but I wasn't convinced. After Tubular Bells? No...

And yes! Well, actually I was wrong. Mike did it! Ommadawn is one of the best compositions of the XX century and is much better than infamous TB. I love especially the world music influence in it. The way it all flows is incredible. When TB was just a collection of some good ideas Ommadawn is an album, a PIECE of music! Also in terms of classical music.

And the guitar solos in the middle of part one and at the end of part two are taken from somewhere above...

tolo | 5/5 |