Salva - A Handful of Earth  CD (album) cover

A HANDFUL OF EARTH

Salva

pussywillow
4 stars I am not going to disagree with my co-reviewers.

This is magnificent. How the hell I missed this band, is worrying....

Think Arena meets Crash Test Dummies, chuck in a bit of Purple, Kayak and an smattering of jazz (don't let that put you off btw) then you have almost got Salva.

I was surpsised to see they were Swedish - and that almost put me in mind of the more folky elements of Lake of Tears' work.

This album has everything you could want in a Prog LP : riffs, keys aplenty, atmospherics, fine vocals, harmonies....ach it's all been said, and I can't really add anymore. Yes point taken about the drumming, but I think only old father times (like me) will notice the absence of a live human behind the drumkit here.

My only gripe is why do they call themselves Salva ? Sounds like a cold-sore cream !

Recommended.