Yes - Yesshows CD (album) cover

4 stars Although I like almost everything on this album, the main reason I recommend it is Steve Howe. Listen to the guitar work on The Gates of Delirium. Awesome. From start to finish, he plays blazing stuff at times to intricate lines that are barely audible. The man is a menace. Never settling into a rhythm, just constantly playing something different. Chris Squire plays some wonderful stuff during the "Soon" section as well. Howe's performance on Ritual is nice as well, but not as powerful. Squire gets the forefront on Ritual. The shorter songs are worth a listen as well. I am a big Yes fan so I may be biased. If you are reading this though you must have an interest as well.
| 4/5 |