Neglected Fields - Splenetic CD (album) cover

SPLENETIC

Neglected Fields

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

dkls
4 stars Some say that with Splenetic Neglected Fields offers more accessible, "listener-friendlier" music than with previous albums, but it seems an exaggeration to me. Although they have a new guitarist, since their previous record the music played by Neglected Fields hasn't particularly changed: it's the same sophisticated, symphonic technical death metal as on Mephisto Lettonica. A nice addition is the new guitarist's "backing growls". My favorite tracks are Splenetic/Confusion and Khert Neter - it's hard to choose, though.

With Mephisto Lettonica Neglected Fields brought into progressive metal something really new and refreshing, while on Splenetic they are somewhat repeating themselves. Still, it is an excellent album, I give it four stars. For those who are not familiar with Neglected Fields, I'd better suggest to start with Mephisto Lettonica.

dkls | 4/5 |