Julius Dobos - Mountain Flying CD (album) cover

MOUNTAIN FLYING

Julius Dobos

kev rowland
Crossover Team
3 stars Apparently Julius is well-known in Hungary for his compositions, and this recording with the North Hungarian Symphony Orchestra plus extra musicians, the Budapest Monteverdi Choir and Marta Sebastyen (the latter was on 'The English Patient' soundtrack), is a revised version of his first collection of demos, which were all performed on a synthesiser.

I don't listen to nearly as much classical music as I should, so in all honesty find that I can't really review it. I know I like it, with the melodies and interplay between synths and traditional orchestra working well, and finding that it is very easy to listen to (as opposed to easy-listening).

kev rowland | 3/5 |