Oceansize - Everyone Into Position CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars Extremely good album, and definitely a progression into music of the future. Fans of old style prog rock may not like this, but definitely recommended for those interested in what's happening today. Not sure if it is as good as their first album, which really was a fascinating experience, but this grows on you. My personal favourite is the Charm Offensive - really builds up with great riffs. No Tomorrow is also excellent. The worst track is you can't keep a band man down - sounds too Indie - I hope they don't carry on in that vein.

Recommended band if you want to try to convert some of your metal-head friends to modern Prog (along with Porcupine Tree)

The only thing missing for me is a few whining guitar solos - maybe the band think it's too corny or something - but I love solos. I mean Red Hot Chilli Peppers use solos and they sell in millions. Hey there's 3 guitarists in the band, and they do fantastic (and complex) riffs, which makes up for the lack of solos, but come on - try at least one.

Here's to the next album!

At least you can go and see them live and relatively cheaply. How many of the old Prog rock bands can you go and see? eh? eh?

PS - a note to the site - please don't delete some of my wording like you've done with some of my others (eg Fear of a Blank Planet by PT - maybe you thought I thought it was too good!)

PinkPangolin | 4/5 |