Iron Butterfly - Heavy CD (album) cover

Iron Butterfly

Lady In Black

Good album this "Heavy". This is the debut of a great band: Iron Butterfly. In my opinion this album is good but non great. This because the song is aged not good (but not bad). In every case "Unconscious Power", "You Can't Win", "Fields of sun" or "Iron Butterfly Theme" are great Proto Heavy Prog and in my opinion for 1968 are totally Prog songs. "Heavy" is heavy from the title to the sound, like a caterpillar! But the cover of Allan Toussant "Get Of My Life, Woman" or "Gentle As It May Seem" are very melodic songs. Unfortunately Iron Butterfly aren't European band and so the music remains too American. But if this is a defect...

Lady In Black | 4/5 |