T2 - It'll All Work Out In Boomland CD (album) cover

4 stars Always a firm favorite amongst fans of the early 70's. This outfit could have slipped into the rather ordinary hard rock category. Thankfully this album proves otherwise.

From the opening riff on the first track, you can instantly tell these guys are experts on their instruments. Shimmering, piercing lead guitar work against a sonic assault on the drums (who incidentally is also the vocalist). Not only that but it boasts some awesome orchestration and brass work that compliments it so well without getting too overpowering. All too often, orchestra and brass on albums from this era can end up playing more than the band themselves. Not the case here.

Compositions have a dark, sinister quality, sometimes reminding the listener of early King Crimson in places. As I recall there is a bit of mellotron in there somewhere as well. I'm sure I've just sold it to you now! We all love mellotron after all.

4.5 stars - excellent++