Zomby Woof - Riding On A Tear CD (album) cover

RIDING ON A TEAR

Zomby Woof

Nao/Gilles
5 stars I purchased this album by chance, without even listening to it before. I'm not even the greatest fan of German Space Rock in the first place (although I do love Grobschnitt and Eloy, for instance). Well, really, I played the disc for a friend of mine during a Scrabble game, and she said, "it's really good, what we're listening to! What is it?" I need to add that she usually frowns upon most of my prog albums, be it obscure jazz-prog or commercial prog-rock. Needless to say, I was delighted. And this actually led me to devote more attention to the album. Which is approximately when I realized I'd have *bought* it if I hadn't already done so in the first place. Maybe I should just buy a second copy for my friend, then?

The long "Mary walking through the woods" suite may be the best track of them all. If you're into rock-solid space-rock, organ orgies and funky feelings, this is for you. And you've been waiting for it a long time!

Nao/Gilles | 5/5 |