Mike Oldfield - The Millenium Bell  CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

4 stars After two excellent albums (TB3 and Guitars), Oldfield came back with yet another "Tubular Bells" album. This one, I really don't consider a TB album, so I tend to say my favorite TB work is TB2, and my favorite "Bell" work is The Millennium Bell. Although it's definitely not as complex as earlier works, it still has interesting attempts at mixing multiple cultures into one album. Some of this will remind you of Venezzia's carnival, or maybe it'll make you think of an Inca ceremony. All in all, it's definitely not as bad as most people tend to think--actually I don't know anyone around me who doesn't love that album! ;)
Nao/Gilles | 4/5 |