Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table CD (album) cover

THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Rick Wakeman

Tarcisio Moura
5 stars Probably Rick Wakeman´s best all around album. I picked up this record recently and I was stunned how good it was. Much better than I ever thought, even at the time of its release (when Wakeman was hot news in Brazil. He was one of the first ever prog acts to play here, in 1975). I remeber how beautiful was the LP artwork, with insert lyrics and drawings of the story. It almost distract you from the music itself, which I stil find very captivating and inspiring. The orchestra and choir parts are more concise and better used than the massive Journey to The Centrer Of The Earth. The lyrics basicly tells through music the most popular version of the legendary King Arthur saga, and they are quite well done. Arthur and Guinevere are among the best Wakeman´s moments in his entire career.

Simply putting it, I think it is the only Rick Wakeman album that I remember going over and over again, even though I appreciate Six Wives... and Journey... so much. Those two first ones are much more acclaimed by progheads in general. And I must agree they are both excellent. Still This album is the one I hear the most and the one that pleases the most. A very well balanced album that did not receive the credit it deserves. And a must have for any prog fan.

Tarcisio Moura | 5/5 |